Join the CCV Team! Please Austin residents only, and contact email@example.com to learn more. No phone inquiries please.
There are no openings at this time.
Updated March 31, 2015
The Volunteer Coordinator works with the Executive Director and together they serve as a first point of contact for members seeking services and for individuals seeking to volunteer with the organization. The primary role of the Volunteer Coordinator position is to perform all the tasks necessary to recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to meet the requested needs of the members. CCV uses MyVolunteerPage (Volunteer Impact) software, and the Coordinator must be proficient in its use (training provided).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead person in organizing/operating the volunteer program which includes recording requests, assigning volunteers, logging hours and reports.
• Take member service requests.
• Sets up a volunteer recruiting plan including application, training, and supervision of the service delivery.
• Develops and updates volunteer training program/handbook.
• Designs and completes reports/records and presents a summary of these at quarterly Board meetings.
• Works collaboratively with the Director is plan/implement volunteer and other events/activities offered by the organization.
• Acts as a spokesperson for the organization by speaking at civic, church and other community groups.
• Plans and implements volunteer recognition events.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work directly with the organization’s Director. An ability to be a team member and work cooperatively with others is imperative. The Volunteer Coordinator will be professional and knowledgeable of the organization’s mission and operation.
Knowledge of MyVolunteerPage (Volunteer Impact) a plus, though its use will be mandatory; knowledge of Word and Excel mandatory. Previous experience as a Volunteer Coordinator in a Service/Healthcare or Church sponsored organization a plus. Networking experience in the local community is a plus. Being approachable, flexible, friendly with good communication skills is important.
10 hours per week, flexible schedule