Welcome to the full text version of this month’s first newsletter: January 2015 Newsletter
Visit the Full Calendar of Events
The Year 2014 in Review
2014 was a banner year for CCV! We had an unprecedented rate of growth in member requests and volunteer hours, plus we were all over the city! Here are some highlights from the year:
– More than 24,000 contacts–this means that through emails, phone calls, meetings, visits, events, programs, services, volunteer hours and more, we have kept in touch with our entire base of support more than 24,000 times.
– Over 270 member service requests with over 500 volunteer hours to fulfill them–we have more than quadrupled last year’s services to members.
– Over 40 programs and events with over 600 attendees–we had a great time and we hope you did too.
– We were in the New York Times! This is a huge deal for any organization, and we’re so grateful to get the exposure.
– These are just a few examples of what we’ve accomplished. Are you involved yet?
We heard from you, our donors, on why you supported CCV in December. Here’s a sample of your responses:
– in recognition of a kindness received
– in honor of Dyana Thomas, Kathy Wohlert; in memory of Nancy Winfield, Jim Mayfield
– in memory of Nancy Winfield, a friend of 64 years
– in honor of Jim Morriss, who was a former missionary to Bolivia and Honduras and is remembers by many people
– in memory of Nancy Winfield and Jim Mayfield
Visit our donate page to support us in 2015.
Buy a CCV T-Shirt for just $15!
These t-shirts look and feel great. Contact us to buy one!
Rick Cloud, CCV Board member, founding member, regular current member, and volunteer, has been featured again (see the NY Times article), this time with a guest post in Retirement and Good Living.